Amy (Keitel) Noon

Amy (Keitel) Noon

What do you do in your current position?

As a Sr. Communications Specialist for Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, I am responsible for internal communications for Otsuka’s US pharmaceutical business. I partner with my internal clients across the business, from shared services functions such as Human Resources and Finance, to R&D functions and brand teams, to develop internal communication plans and strategies, as well as develop content. I write news articles, executive communications, organizational announcements, and digital signage, among much more.

What is your favorite part about your job?

There are many, many things I like about my job, but I think my favorite part of my job is being able to interact with colleagues from every corner of the business in order to be able to holistically understand the company’s goals and the path we are taking to achieve them, so that I can properly share this information and create understanding and engagement among colleagues.

What made you choose journalism?

I chose Journalism because of my love of writing. It has always been something I not only have an aptitude for but something I truly enjoy. Although I am not working as a journalist, I am so glad that I was able to channel my love for writing, and make good use of my degree, by writing in a business setting.

Tell us about the importance of getting involved in student media at TCNJ.

I wrote for The Signal which was very helpful in building up my portfolio of writing samples and also helped me build relationships and gain comfort in interviewing and speaking with individuals I just met.