Stephanie Agresti

Stephanie Agresti

What do you do in your current position?

I am an assistant account executive at R&J Strategic Communications, a full-service integrated public relations and marketing agency. I work on healthcare and consumer products accounts, generating media coverage in traditional and digital spaces and developing strategic communication materials to help build my clients’ brand positions.

What is your favorite part about your job?

I love being able to meet and work with so many different people each day. I am constantly learning, both on a professional and personal level. I also love being able to write every day

What made you choose journalism?

Pursuing a professional writing minor allowed me to practice writing strategically and creatively across a number of platforms, including print, digital, blogs, websites and social media.

Tell us about the importance of getting involved in student media at TCNJ.

Working on Her Campus TCNJ was a great opportunity to gain experience collaborating in teams and generating creative and focused content that tells important stories to a specific group of people on campus. I learned the importance of keeping a pulse on what your target audience cares about, being a good listener and being a concise communicator. We only have so much time and space to get our messages across, so knowing what you want to say is equally as important as how you say it.